Bridge Advocate (Hospital Based)-PRNKansas City, MO. If you want to make a positive difference in the lives of others and do meaningful work, then Rose Brooks Center, a non-profit domestic violence agency in Kansas City, MO may be the agency for you! We are seeking reliable persons to serve as Bridge Advocates to work either on an on-call basis for our 24/7 hospital advocacy program, and/or as needed. If you are looking for an opportunity that provides a flexible work schedule and offers valuable advocacy training and team support then this may be for you! A flexible schedule could include evening, overnight, weekend, or holiday hours. More information about hours is listed below. Responsibilities include providing direct advocacy services to victims of domestic violence identified in a health care setting, including clear and accurate completion of documentation as needed. Advocates must be able to respond to the Bridge Dispatcher or Hotline within 10 minutes of a call and arrive at the referring KCMO hospital within 45-minutes of the initial call. HOURS: PRN Bridge Advocate will be on-call (from 5pm-12am) one or two nights per week, plus every 5th weekend (Fri 5pm-12am, Sat/Sun 8am to midnight). Compensation: This position falls within a salary range starting at $18/hour (shift differential of 5% between the hours of 7pm and 7am and all day Saturday/Sunday) and additional on-call pay. Qualifications:
- Candidates must be reliable and dependable.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential, including written communication.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Advocacy or case management experience and knowledge of Domestic Violence is preferred, however training will be provided.
- Experience working with victims of domestic violence preferred.
- Valid driver’s license, automobile insurance and reliable transportation.
- Due to specific hospital requirements, candidate must be able to provide proof of immunizations or be able to obtain a blood test to verify immunization. This also includes an annual flu shot with verification.
Or email us at: HumanResources@rosebrooks.org
Candidates must consent to background and
Division of Family Services (Central Registry/Child Abuse) screenings
Open until filled per qualifications. For questions, please contact Human Resources,
Rose Brooks Center is an equal opportunity employer who values and embraces diversity.