Providing a safe sanctuary where individuals, families, and pets are welcomed, wrapped in support, and can begin to heal.
• Shelter staff are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Respectful, individualized care is offered, including advocacy, therapy, safety planning, finding a home, and connecting with community resources for health, legal, and financial needs.
Offering therapy services that help empower adult and child survivors to reclaim their lives through the complex healing process.
• Individual therapy services focus on topics such as coping with the trauma of an abusive relationship, safety planning, and rediscovering voice and choice.
• Support groups offer survivors of domestic violence a safe place to find support from other survivors, gain information and education on healthy relationships, explore ways to cope with the trauma, and plan for emotional and physical safety.
Offering a wide variety of services to support the emotional and physical well-being of children who are healing from domestic violence.
• Individual and group therapy using play, art, music, and pet-assisted therapy help children find healthy ways to express their feelings in a safe environment and cope with trauma.
• Case management services help parents with safety planning and connecting with community resources to meet their children’s basic needs, school enrollment, health care, nutrition, and clothing.
• Parents benefit from Parent Support services and the Kid Zone, a play and learning environment children attend while the parent is participating in support services.
Housing and Economic Advocacy
Helping survivors find safe, affordable housing and gain economic stability to build safe homes, free from violence.
• Survivors receive assistance to find housing, short-term rent subsidies, and support to remain permanently housed.
• Economic Advocacy services include support in repairing the effects of economic abuse through credit repair, budgeting and education.
• Employment Advocacy services include developing job interview skills, job search, and ongoing support to survivors in maintaining employment.